Demonstrations from Adobe and Blackmagic Design
The Editors' Lounge was excited to welcome everyone back from our little summer hiatus! We all know that a certain recent product announcement has rocked the editing world to its core, and many people are now looking around for an alternative. A knockout crowd joined us on September 30 for an evening of demos by Adobe and Blackmagic Design, to see if they offered the solution.
Adobe presented Premiere Pro Creative Suite 5.5, a fully-featured professional editing workflow offering breakthrough performance with Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop Extended, and more...
• Timesaving integration between Premiere Pro and After Effects and Photoshop
• Real-time effects and color correction, accelerated rendering, and superior multilayer performance
• Broad native format support (import and export virtually any format—even FCP 7 projects), skip time-consuming transcoding for file-based and DSLR footage
• Advanced audio editing in Adobe Audition and timesaving integration with Premiere Pro
Rich Montez showed off Blackmagic Design's DaVinci Resolve and discussed what's new in the recently released version 8
• Node-based image processing with sequential and parallel connections
• 3D tracking for locking Power Windows™ to on-screen objects
• Real-time stereoscopic and Raw RED workflows
Blackmagic Design also showed several of their new products including the UltraStudio 3D Thunderbolt-based capture/playback, Decklink 4K capture/playback card and several new Mini Converters.
As a special treat, Don McDonell of Ciphertex Data Security displayed some of their portable, hardware-encrypted, key-based hard drives and arrays designed to securely store digital assets when unattended or during transit between locations. Products shown included the CX-RANGER-E RAID array and CX-5000NAS NAS Server, featuring:
• AES 256-bit hardware encryption and password protection
• hot-swappable drives, with automatic hot rebuild
It's an important time right now to have a look at all the options available to the editing and color correcting communities, and the Editors' Lounge is here to help!